Nutrition helps in enhancing the performance of athletes. A very active life style as well as routine of exercise, along with a good diet plan is a very good way to keep healthy.Having a well planned diet helps in offering the energy to the athletes. An athlete is likely to be dull and tired & even perform bad if he or she has not taken in enough:
- Iron, Minerals & other Vitamins
An ideal nutritional diet for athletes isn’t different from diet which is recommended for any other healthy individual.
However the quantity of every group of food your requirement would be based on:
- The kind of sport
- Training you undergo
- The time you devout in doing an activity or any exercise
To make the athletes perform even better, they need to avoid exercising with empty-stomach. Every individual is very different, and thus you need to know:
- When should you eat before exercising
Quantity of food that your should have
Carbohydrates are required for providing energy when you exercise. They are stored in the liver and muscles.
- Carbohydrates are present in most of the foods like pasta, whole-grain breads, bagels, & rice. They offer energy, vitamins, minerals and fibers.
- Simple sugar like cold drinks jellies and jams, & candy have loads of calories but they don’t offer minerals, vitamins, & other such nutrients.
- Most important thing is the total quantity of carbohydrates that you consume every day.